Tuesday, April 10, 2012

AAArt Show Finale

Hey folks!

Got poisoned by some Japanese food, had to close up shop for a minute. So a week late, but here's the April 3rd opening of "It's a small, small world"...






Spank Rock performed, they were actually pretty good. Felt like an "old school" block party...





And here's a video posted by a visitor:




As you can see, it wasn't just the gallery that turned out to be a "clusterfuck" (which as mentioned earlier, is what the curator nicknamed the show). But since there were so many people, the line to get into the gallery was insanely long and convoluted. Joel and I were def more on the hang back, "let the kids have their fun" approach to the festivities. We stayed for a bit and then took off to a bar down the street with some friends.

The next day, I went back with my son Mateo and my father-in-law to actually see the show...














The piece had a pretty good spot (relatively speaking). Hopefully people will use the headphones and play some tapes. If not, it still looks cool...



I asked Mateo if he liked the art.

He said enthusiastically "Yeah".

I asked my father-in-law if he liked the art.

He said (in mandarin) "Ha, ha, I should have brought Mateo's dirty diapers to put in it".

That about sums it up.

More shit to come!



For those in the NYC area, the show is up through this weekend. Here are the details.

No comments: