Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The....Will Not Be Televised


I was just skimming the blogosphere (ick) and hit upon this hip hop/culture page that managed to irk me in less than a minute by connecting the world "texture" of MIA to the fourth season of The Wire. Ok, kinda of a neat idea, but...

Liberal Sheep "BAAAAA BAAAAA" ENOUGH of MIA and THE WIRE already!!!!!

Fake culture music and a lefty tv show on a major cable network do not make a revolution.

You know what's revolutionary...

Fugazi charging $5.00/ticket for every show they ever played, whether it was a basement or a 2,000 seat venue.

Not having a tv


None of which is to imply that I'm leading a revolutionary lifestyle. "Nip/Tuck" and "Prison Break" are staples in our household. But I will say there is a no MIA clause in the apartment.

Sorry, just ranting off again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Wire is not liberal! Don't call me a Liberal! I hate liberals! I love The Wire! I don't know why you didn't get the Wire, it's a source of sadness for me. I don't know where it falls on the revolutionary scale but I will defend it from your mean attacks!

I don't care what you say about MIA though.

Have you seen that Assimilated Negro blog? Did I send it to you?

-Sally